Living life to the full. There is no time like the present to begin a journey toward richer living. If you are seeking a means for addressing pain, healing relationships, working through loss, or adding meaning to your life, this may be the place for you. Learn to explore and express your feelings, examine your beliefs, and work toward making healthy choices. Watch your life be transformed into something satisfying and full of freedom!

Love Lost

"Love can sometimes be like Magic
But Magic can sometimes...
just be Illusion"
-Javan

focus quote - as with all focus quotes, feel free to read the above statement and let it speak what it will to you. Read no further if the quote alone fills you up and stimulates thought. If you want more food for journaling, pondering, or conversation with me or others, read on. Most of all, enjoy!

My heart is broken. I hurt so badly. I want my love back in my arms, rich, full, enveloping. Will this pain ever subside? I had no idea this was coming. I'm still in shock. Did I somehow miss all the signs? Is there something I could have done to prevent them from leaving? Oh, I just don't know what I'm going to do. How could they leave me? I feel betrayed, tricked, I'm a fool for trusting in love, believing this was real. But it lasted for so long. Was it all a lie? Will I ever know? How can I find out the truth of their heart? How can I win them back? But...do I even want them back? Will they only hurt me again? I vow to never be hurt like this again. I promise to never open my heart to another. I am better off without any of that risk or vulnerability. I am better off without it and I can pour myself into so many other great things. That is the last time I will allow love into my life. From this point forward I will be strong and needy of no one.

If you have ever experienced heartache, you have no doubt ushered a statement or two from the above paragraph. Maybe you have said other things in response to the immense pain of losing the love of your life. Maybe it was due to death, divorce, affair, secrecy, or some other tragedy that devastated your love relationship. But the end result was the same: pain, heart break, and a large range of other emotions as well. Are you healing? Have you healed completely, or is that even possible? Maybe you haven't even begun to look at the impact this lost love has had on you, and you think now might be the time. I have known significant losses of this kind, and while I rest assured that my heart has healed, the loss is still a part of my past. I will always remember what those relationships meant to me and how my heart broke when the love was gone. It makes me who I am today, and for that I am grateful, I would not change a thing. It was a long hard journey out of the pain; some days were good, others bad. But I am able to love well today out of the story of what I have known. If this is a victory that you also want to claim for your life, you can do it. It will take courage, there will be pain, you may feel uncertain at times. Nonetheless, you were made to love. Don't lose sight of that. Without love there is little, if anything, that is worth your energy in this life.