Living life to the full. There is no time like the present to begin a journey toward richer living. If you are seeking a means for addressing pain, healing relationships, working through loss, or adding meaning to your life, this may be the place for you. Learn to explore and express your feelings, examine your beliefs, and work toward making healthy choices. Watch your life be transformed into something satisfying and full of freedom!

Beauty

Sometimes it is difficult to see the beauty through the many things in this world that fall short. Other times the beauty refuses to be overshadowed. It bursts forth and demands to be marveled at and enjoyed.

I have been blessed to see beauty in a handful of places these last few weeks. My newborn son's grins and smiles, butterflies floating around the flowers in the backyard, the warmth of the summer sun, the hospitality of a friend that went above and beyond what was expected. Each one of these beauties evokes something unique in me, but all of them fill me up with more life and the strength to live each day.

When I stop to think of the places I have seen beauty recently I make a conscious effort to focus on the things that bring me joy. Since it's an enjoyable thing to do, one would think I would do it more often. But, it's hard for me to slow down sometimes, or to stop focusing on things that need problem solving. I think I resist slowing because it takes faith on my part. If I stop, pause, and am still, I have to have faith that life will wait. My problems won't overtake me, I won't fail, I won't be seen as lazy or unproductive, and I won't miss any once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.

In fact, the complete opposite is probably true. I will be filled up, experience rest, be able to listen that much more fully to what God has in store for me. I will have more hope for things in this life, more to give others, and a beauty in myself that will exude out to be seen by others that could call them to be more as well.

I hope to be still more often. To search for the joy and the beauty that is waiting to be realized. To have the faith and security to let the rest of the to-do list wait. To practice this more and more so that it comes naturally to me.

And I hope that for you as well.